Propel Industries is a socially responsible business organisation which believes strongly in giving back to the society. Education is the sector that the company strives to make an impact in, as part of its CSR activities.
The management believes that it is only quality education that can bring in equality. This staunch belief system has been passed on to the employees as well.
Propel industries leave no stone unturned to facilitate holistic development in children.
Propel Industries wants to help students become socially aware and successful individuals who can contribute significantly to the country’s growth and development.
- Helping students speak correct English
- Co-curricular activities
- Academic help to slow-learners
- Psychological counselling
- Logistical support to students for study tours
What we do?
- Sponsore children’s education through ‘Mazhalir Satta Udhavi Mandram’ for the last three years. A total of 20 students have benefitted from this scheme, so far.
- Free coaching is being provided for the students from government and government-aided schools to write the National Eligibility cum entrance test (NEET). We offered free weekend classes as a one year pilot programme.
- Summer camps and year-long weekend programmes were conducted in various government schools. These programmes include personality development classes, spoken English classes, math and computer classes in addition to sports and games.
- Propel Industries has joined hands with Aram Foundation and adopted the Government elementary school in Selvapuram. The school has been provided with smart classroom and more teachers to help the slow-learners.
- Propel Industries in association with LMES academy conducted a one-day science-a-thon in May 2018 where students conducted live demonstration of various science experiments.
As a recognition to the exemplary work done, the first-ever Rotary CSR excellence award was bagged by Propel Industries under the category ‘Education- School Infrastructure’. The award was received by Ms. Vidhya Senthilkumar, director –branding and CSR activities, at an event held at Kochi, Kerala. The help extended by Propel Industries to government schools in and around Coimbatore for their overall development was well documented and appreciated.
In her acceptance speech, Ms. Vidhya Senthilkumar said , “ We thank Rotary for recognising our exemplary CSR initiatives and for giving us a CSR Special Recognition Award in the category of Education – School Infrastructure. Propel Industries is helping many government schools in and around Coimbatore to improve the academic performance of students, engage them in co-curricular activities and also provide infrastructural support.”
True to the adage that ‘Many hands make light work’, Propel Industries involves enthusiastic team members to participate in the CSR activities.