At Propel Industries, we always use the term ‘incident’ instead of ‘accident’. Respecting that sentiment, we continue to call so, here too.
Incidents happen unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. It may be an event that happens by chance, but in a working environment each one of us have to ensure that incidents don’t happen. Incidents are typically classified as minor and serious/fatal.
We, at Propel Industries, have a tailor-made incident prevention programme.
Apart from safety policy implementation, we also have an active safety and health committee in place. Safety training programmes are also held at regular intervals.
The safety committee consists of 32 members. They meet as often as possible or at least once in three months. The goal of the committee is to ensure a safe work place.
- To motivate, educate and train all employees about safety norms
- To incorporate safety across all levels of the organisation
- To create a safety culture in the organisation
- To encourage ideation and utilise these ideas from all sources
The safety committee usually focuses on the following when they meet
- Hazard communication programme
- Proper usage of personal protective equipment
- Respiratory protection
- Machine safeguard
- Safety Audits
- Record keeping
- Emergency response plan
Here is the list of essentials for achieving safety excellence…
- Staying updated with rules and procedures
- Always maintaining a strong belief system
- Focussing on team work
- Always being responsible
- Always keeping the lessons from the past in mind
- Wholehearted participation
- Ensuring clear communication
- Exhibiting trust
- Always being consistent
- Exhibiting leadership at all times.
~ D. Krishna Kumar