Safety of our workforce is always our priority. Unsafe environments will deter professionals from continuing in your organisation. Poor safety standards can cost the organisation a lot, in terms of cost and human resource. It can sometimes led to tragic incidents and no one wants to face it.
The operations and maintenance of crushers, conveyors and screens pose multiple hazards to the working population.
To increase the safety on the site, let us keep these emergency shutdown procedures in mind.
The distance between each piece of equipment is one of the prime problems faced by operations. This is because, in case of emergency, it takes time to reach the point and prevent an accident.
What are Taglines?
- Taglines are mechanical solutions for shutting down the equipment.
- It is installed as a cord or cable connected to an electronic shutoff switch box on the equipment.
- If malfunction is detected, then the cord can be pulled to shut off the individual part of equipment or the whole operation, depending on the system set up.
It is but necessary for the worker who notices the trouble to be in close proximity to the taglines.
Customers world over opt for taglines because they are simple and reliable.
- It is big red shutdown button built into the control tower switchboard.
- Once a problem is spotted by the operator, he can shutdown all the equipment by hitting the shutdown button.
- In some cases, customers request a second emergency shutdown button on outside of the control tower at the ground level, too.
It is important to adopt a method to shut down some or all the equipment immediately, in case of emergency.
The workers must be trained about the emergency shutdown systems so that the unsafe act of running around in panic to shut down the equipment does not happen.
To know more about safety measures at the workplace, contact the safety personnel@ Propel industries.